Registration and Voting Los Angeles County
Before you can vote in Los Angeles County, you must register to vote. This is the first step in the voting process. You must be registered to vote at least 15 days prior to an election in order to vote in that election.
You may register to vote in L.A. County if you are:
- A citizen of the United States.
- At least 18 years of age or older on or before Election Day.
- Not found mentally incompetent by a court of law.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Military and Overseas Voter Vote-By-Mail Ballot Delivery Period Jan 3 - Jan 18, 2020*
- Last Day to Register to Vote Feb 17, 2020**
- New Citizen (sworn in after February 17, 2020)
- Voter Registration Period Feb 18 - Mar 3, 2020
- Last Day to Request Vote-By-Mail Ballot Feb 25, 2020
- Election Day (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) Mar 3, 2020
- Last Day Vote-By-Mail Ballot Postmarked No Later Than March 3